Re: [Question #265830]: Interaction stiffness for the loading plates

behzad posted a new comment:
Hi Jan,

Thanks for the answer.
That's good that we can set the stiffness for certain interactions.

What I'm doing is measuring viscoelastic properties of a material. I sandwich the material between two plates and then a sinusoidal force (and so stress) is applied to the upper plate. The plate goes up and down.
So, we have the sinusoidal curve of the applied stress and we're looking to get the sinusoidal curve of induced displacement(strain).  Thus we can calculate the Dynamic modulus of the material. E*=Stress_amplitude/Strain_amplitude.

I'd like to have a very stiff contacts of sphere-plate so all the
deformation to come from the testing material (spheres).

- The loading plates have CohFrictMat as the material

-Spheres have CohBurgersMat as the material which is a cohesive
viscoelastic material.

-Sphere-Plate contacts are CohFrictPhys and soa tensile and compressive
sinusoidal force can be applied.

Sphere-sphere interactions are CohBurgersPhys and that's what matters
for me. I'd like to get the response of these contacts to the dynamic
straining.

I hope the problem is clear now.

Cheers,
Behzad