Re: [Question #265830]: Interaction stiffness for the loading plates

behzad posted a new comment:
If there's only one sphere, so we're measuring the loads-displacement response of cohFrictPhy contacts! (Since in my model cohfrictMat, cohBurgersMat make a cohfrictPhys) and this is not what we want. We're interested in cohBurgersPhys contacts, in this case sphere-sphere ones. So imagine we have two spheres vertically in contact and placed between two plates. If a load is applied we have a deformation which is sum of there components:
1) UpperPlate-upperSphere contact (cohFrictPhys)
2)sphere-sphere contact (cohBurgersPhys)
3) LowerPlate-LowerSphere contact (cohFrictPhys)

We're measuring the testing material's properties and so should minimize
the plates contribution in the calculations. Thus, a high value of
stiffness for those contacts can solve the problem.