Re: [Question #265830]: Interaction stiffness for the loading plates

> Alright! So we're saying the same thing.

I'll a sign the stiffness of the plate contacts, manually!

NO! :-) just do the analytical computation I suggested in previous message
(few lines on paper) and compare it with results with automatically
computed stiffnesses from Yade. The automatically computed stiffness are no
problem at all.

To be sure, do the analytics and comparison with Yade for single
sphere-sphere contact first (mainly because of the area constant mentioned
in post-scriptum in previous message)

Of course you can set manually stiffness of plate-spheres contact, but then
it would correspond to different experiment (in that case don't use plates
at all and prescribe velocities of corresponding particles). Again, the
"two spheres - two plates" simple analytical model can be a good friend for
verification and the most evident bug fixing.

> By the way, I also apply oscillating shear by the plate, in a separate
> set of tests. In which the plate rotates by a sine function. How can I
> get the induced stress in the material? In this case we need stress in
> xy plane!

I would guess computing overall stress tensor and extracting corresponding
component(s) would do the job. To be sure, please explain the simulation
setup more in detail.

cheers