Re: [Question #269063]: Metallic plate tension

Description changed to:
Hello, everybody.

I’m new in Yade and I need help to simulate following situation.

            A)	Given: metallic rectangular plate with sides parallel or perpendicular to coordinate axes (the plate may consist 2 differ materials) such as in linked picture.
            B)	Boundary conditions:
                         1.	On face ABCD applied tensile force F parallel to OY axis
                         2.	Face KGHO is fixed.
            C)	Objective  is: to compute distribution of strain, stress and displacement values on the plate.

As I understand in DEM it can be done through computing these values for each sphere in the plate.
I tried to use:
-	UniaxialStrainer but it doesn’t allow to apply force (or stress) just constant strain.
-	TriaxialStressController but it works only for compression not for tension (or may be I do something wrong)
-	Also i set permanent force for spheres on the boundary ABCD (but I think it’s not correct because it’s necessary to set force like pressure for every point on the surface and size of spheres may be different, or may be I’m wrong again)
-	In addition, I used constant velocity for boundary spheres  but it’s just for testing and doesn’t deserve any attention.

I compute stress and strain with
TesselationWrapper().computeDeformations() and bodyStressTensors()
functions, displacement with displ(), then save values manually to VTK
file. I didn't use VTKExporter() because at a later stage I'll need
another file extension to save the result data.

Now I represent the plate as a set of uniform arrows of spheres with
equal radius connected one by one:

spheres=[]
for i in range(0, 16):
   for j in range(0, 16):
      for k in range(0, 2):
            id = O.bodies.append(sphere([i+0.5,j+0.5,k+0.5],material='mat_mod',radius=r))

Also I attached a link to executing file “example.py”, where I tried to test 4 variants described above to set boundary conditions (parameter “mode”).
I’ll be glad any help
with regards, Alexander

Picture of the plate: http://s18.postimg.org/omoiobfcp/pic.jpg
Executing file: http://www.filedropper.com/example_5