Re: [Question #269063]: Metallic plate tension

Hi Alexander,

> What do u mean about e-mail: what adress of e-mail and what should i
> send? (code sample, error mesage..)

I meant that if you ask a question involving an error, put the error
message in the question :-) like

My error is:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/honzik/bin/yade-trunk", line 182, in runScript
    execfile(script,globals())
  File "a.py", line 104, in <module>

vtk.exportSpheres(what=[('radius','b.shape.radius'),('displacement','b.state.displ()'),('stress','float
(__builtin__.my_stresses[b.id])')])
  File "/home/honzik/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/yade-trunk/py/yade/export.py",
line 431, in exportSpheres
    test = eval(command) # ... eval one example to see what type (float,
Vector3, Matrix3) the result is ...
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name '__builtin__' is not defined

> Also what should i use instead of CpmMat for such simulation?

it depends on what you want to simulate. If only elastic behavior, then
CpmMat (with neverDamage=True) is fine. You can also try CohFrictMat.

> With our colleagues i want to show that DEM is also applicable for such
> type of simulation,

definitely it is.

> because it' much more simple to create calculational
> model in DEM.

I would be careful with terms like "much more simple" :-)

concerning __builtin__ issue, sorry for my mistake, the idea is this:

import __builtin__
stresses = bodyStressTensors
__builtin__.my_stresses = stresses
vtk.exportSpheres(what=[...,('stress','my_stresses[b.id]')]) # my_stresses
*without* __builtin__.

Once more, be careful using __builtin__ module not to overwrite some
important variable. E.g.

print tuple([1,2,3]) # no problem
import __builtin__
__builtin__.tuple = dict
print tuple([1,2,3]) # some strange errors

cheers