Re: [Question #268954]: Calculation efficiency of the last version of Yade

Bruno Chareyre posted a new comment:
@Anastasia
Your problem is - I think - the calculation of clumps mass, which takes ages for the reason you can read at runtime:
"core/Clump.cpp:162 updateProperties: Clump::updateProperties: Cell array has 91487503 cells. Integrate inertia may take a while ..."

You are in a particular case so that even discretization=3 gives a huge amount of points (see [1])
It is going to be fixed, in the meantime you could put discretization=0. It will give a wrong mass (that you can overwrite by yourself) but it will at least not take ages.

@Henry
You seem to have a different issue since you also have different times per step. We are waiting for your info.
Thx

Bruno

[1 ]https://bugs.launchpad.net/yade/+bug/1474956