Re: [Question #269576]: how detect force applied on beam

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Hi,

When you show us your script, please give it complete and shortened as
much as possible: "minimal working". Here:

- it is not shortened as much as possible : all what concerns data
recording is useless (recorder() function with corresponding engine, and
also the VTKRecorder). Your problem surely still holds without this part

- it is not complete: if someone wants to try it, it will not work:
there is nothing for what concerns bodies definition for ex.

By chance, I remember your previous question, and can assume that your piston is made of facets-shaped bodies. That's exactly the problem since your interaction loop only handles interactions between two sphere-shaped bodies, or between one sphere-shaped and one box-shaped. See:
 [Ig2_Sphere_Sphere_ScGeom(interactionDetectionFactor=intR,label='SSgeom'),Ig2_Box_Sphere_ScGeom()]

Then, there is no interaction between the piston and your beam: the
piston can cross the beam without seeing it. If necessary, I advice you
to browse the examples using facet-shaped bodies to know how to define
InteractionLoop in your case