Re: [Question #269724]: What are particular features of CpmMat model?

Jérôme Duriez posted a new comment:
Hello,

Regarding the comparison with Potyondy's BPM:
in my opinion, yes all Yade contact laws supporting cohesion can be compared to such contact model, especially if you consider the simplified "contact bond" version of the BPM.

And, just to add more confusion about Yade contact laws, let me mention
https://yade-
dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.Law2_ScGeom_JCFpmPhys_JointedCohesiveFrictionalPM

This last one (supporting cohesion too: it is designed for rock) having
as particular feature a controlled interaction range so that distant
particles may be bonded (as CpmMat maybe ?), and the possibility to
modify contact normal direction for contacts corresponding to planar
discontinuity surfaces.