[Question #270627]: translate problem

Hello everyone,
I’m a new Yade user. I have made two different versions and there is something I don’t understand in the model behavior. Here is how I proceed:
Clumps generation, version 1:
I need two superposed volumes made by two different materials: the one above is built with horizontal layers (using the function “translate”) and the one below is just a cube.  At this stage we only use the function “translate” for the volume above and we can notice that the clumps inside this volume aren’t settling after adding the “gravity”.
Clumps generation, version 2:
The volume above is still built with horizontal layers (using the function “translate”). And, to improve the quality of the model we needed to subdivide the volume below in several vertical layers. So we necessarily need to use the function “translate” again. But, this time the clumps inside the volume above settle a lot (about 20cm on the top of the volume) after adding the gravity.
It is important to notice that in each of those two versions, there is a separation box between the volumes above and below. This box aims at avoiding all interactions between those 2 volumes.
Actions:
In each volume the following operations are done (main steps): the clumps grow until a given pressure is reached between particles.  Then we add the gravity to particles. And then we let the soils stabilize (using getUBF<value).
As we can see, the only change between generation 1 and 2 is that we use the function translate for one material in the first, and for both in the second. That is why I think the problem come from this function.
So my question is: Do you also think the problem might come from the function “translate”? If not, with the information I have given to you, do you have any other idea?
And if the problem come from the function “translate” do you have any idea to resolve it and how?
Thanks for your answer
Romain