Re: [Question #270991]: Packing in a predicate excluding the volume already occupied by spheres

> well, the question is how can I define a predicate for each clump? I
> have hundreds of clumps in random locations and they have irregular
> shapes.

pred = originalPredicate
for clump in allClumps:
   cPred = makePredicateFromClump(clump)
   # for the help of specific implementation, read [1].
   # "I have hundreds of clumps in random locations and they have
irregular shapes"
is not enough information :-)
   # are the clump members only spheres? if no, what shapes? are they
overlapping or not? ...?
   pred = pred - cPred

> - As for option (2). I tried this but since its effect of the porosity
> of the packing (as expected) is too much, I wanted a more efficient
> packing algorithm.

Actually the effect of both my answers should be the same. Random or
regular packing are first created for a large volume and then it is cut
according to the predicate (so the same as deleting the intersecting
particles).

If you want dense packing composed of both clumps and spheres, it is a bit
different question.. One option would be to create loose packing of defined
properties and then compress it (e.g. using PeriIsoCompressor or
TriaxialTest).

cheers
Jan

[1] https://yade-dem.org/wiki/Howtoask