Re: [Question #271596]: Track Energy (Plot variables)

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Hi,

I'm not used to EnergyTracker, but it seems to me that the best way
having more details about the different energies is to perform one
search within the code after another, for each energy variable you
obtain.

E.g. gravWork seems to be computed here:
https://github.com/yade/trunk/blob/master/pkg/common/GravityEngines.cpp#L28

However, this shows that this gravWork energy variable reflects your simulation in the only case you're using a "GravityEngine" in the simulation loop. And not if you impose gravity through NewtonIntegrator, which is another way.
This is suggested in the doc here:
https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.GravityEngine

Then, an off-topic conclusion is that I'm unsure whether EnergyTracker's use does fit any simulation script ? It may be worth for you to check it on simple cases, and / or wait for other answers.
Obviously a possibility is to perform yourself all the energy measurements you need.