Re: [Question #277521]: Can tensile and compressive modulus be separately defined for GridConnection?

Klaus Thoeni proposed the following answer:
Hi Alex,

1) In the specific script gridNodeMat, i.e., the material used to create
the gridNodes, defines the properties of the internal behaviour of the
gridConnection or cylinder. gridCoMat, i.e., the material used to create
the gridConnection, defines the properties for the interactions with
external bodies, e.g., interaction of a cylinder and a sphere.

2) I was talking to Bruno about this, and yes at some stage we are going
to remove the chainedCylinder. I already added similar examples to
examples/grid. Nevertheless, note that the constitutive behaviour of
chainedCylinder and gridConnection are not exactly the same. There are
some differences in the preprocessing of the Ip2 parameters.

BTW, in the latest trunk version you need to use "from yade.gridpfacet
import *" for importing the functions for chainedCylinder and grids. See
as well the updated examples.

HTH
Klaus