Re: [Question #281059]: Yade for modelling Clay soils in shear

Hello Mehdi,

for those not so familiar with clays (like me), could you please be more
specific on how to model the forces (e.g. the formulas, how distant they
are expect to act etc.), what is the size and shape of particles
("plate-like" is too general for me)? Also how specifically (just as a user
/ you don't mind some programming) and in what time (1 month, 1 year, whole
PhD...) you want to use Yade / need some results?

Yade is open source, so you can adjust it to your needs. Any kind of
contact law can be implemented supporting also "distant" contacts. Also any
shape can be implemented, or any shape can be approximated by clumping
particles of already existing shapes.

Yade has also active group of users and developers, so it is likely you get
some support concerning your problems (see e.g. [1])

So resume, Yade "as is" can't model what you want, but it can be
implemented. Please send us more information and I am sure we can decide if
Yade is suitable for you and your purpose or not :-)
Cheers
Jan

[1] https://answers.launchpad.net/yade