Re: [Question #280376]: overlap with no force, pollygon collision, membrane

Bruno Chareyre posted a new comment:
Hi, sorry for late remark but I think this paper [1] is relevant to your question.
It shows an example of a deformable potatoe (spherical potatoe in the example but it is not a restriction).
Also an example of a flexible membrane and of a tube.
By now this code should be available. Else it will happen shortly.

Clearly, a difficulty is to relate the elastic properties of a continuous potatoe to that of the model, since it simulates hollow objects with sort of shell elements instead of volume elements. I don't think filling the potatoe with overlapping spheres make this problem easier though.
Regards
Bruno

[1] http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0266114415001235