Re: [Question #289189]: calibration of cohesive model

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Hi Reza,

Generally speaking, I think every DEM user has to perform such task, and
there is usually no exact relationship or charts you can use because the
macroscopic behavior is highly packing-dependant (in addition to being
micro parameters-dependant). Thus 2 different users with the same micro
parameters could get different macro parameters..

In order for you to get more helpful answers, I'd advice you state clearly which contact law you're using: is this "cohesionFriction" material in fact "cohFrictMat" [1] ? with "CohFrictPhys" as interaction physics, and "Law2_ScGeom6D_CohFrictPhys_CohesionMoment" as contact law ?

Finding papers where your law has been used would also obviously be helpful, you have a couple of references in the doc of Law2_ScGeom6D_CohFrictPhys_CohesionMoment [2]

Jerome

[1] https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.CohFrictMat
[2] https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.Law2_ScGeom6D_CohFrictPhys_CohesionMoment