Re: [Question #290174]: What is difference between: L3Geom; L6Geom and ScGeom

> I am a newbie in Yade.

welcome :-)

> Please give me more detail about the difference between L3Geom; L6Geom and
> ScGeom .
> Please give me some examples and reasons that in which case,
> Ig2_Sphere_Sphere_L3Geom or Ig2_Sphere_Sphere_ScGeom or
> Ig2_Sphere_Sphere_ScGeom6D. It seems that the Ig2_Sphere_Sphere_ScGeom6D
> should be use because at a contact, there is 6 DOF.

L3Geom and L6Geom are now not maintained and should not be used. ScGeom is
Yade standard.

ScGeom has 3 DOFs (normal + 2 shear components), ScGeom6D has 6 DOFs
(ScGeom + moments)

> The second question is regarding the clump. I made a clump by combining 2
> sphere particles  for example location and radius of particle is
> ((0,0,0),1) and (0.5, 0,0),1) and I thought that somehow, clumps may reduce
> the effect of free rotation, but it seemed to rotate as sphere particles,
> specially in X axis.

clump is a rigid connection of several particles. Otherwise clump acts as
any other particle. Here I am not sure about the meaning of "may reduce the
effect of free rotation". Next time please be more specific and also put a
MWE [1] to your message. Also please open a new question for this topic as
it differs a lot from the question title and basically is a different
question :-) see [1], too.

cheers
Jan

[1] https://yade-dem.org/wiki/Howtoask