Re: [Question #293955]: How to generate dense packing of aggregates

VG is still having a problem:
Hi Jerome,

In my simulation, I am not using clumps because clump would have rigid aggregate of individual particles. Instead, the aggregates I am using in the simulation are essentially individual particles glued with cohesive bonds and the bonds can break depending on the load.

In my understanding, the .spheres file exported after first simulation "generationProcedure.py would have information about all the sub-particles of the packing. So what I meant was that in "mainSimulation.py", if I try to assign cohesive bond using setCohesionNow = True, then sub-particles from different aggregates would also end up getting connected through cohesive bonds.
However, I want that distinction between different aggregates such that I could have a dense packing of the aggregates but have cohesive bonds between particles lying within an aggregate only.

Just to summarize, I think the initial set up of my problem should
probably have the following three steps:

 1) use makeCloud to create aggregates
 2) use randomDensePack to divide each aggregate into a set of spherical particles (all connected by cohesive bonds)
 3) apply some compression to make the packing of aggregates denser

I already have the first two steps, but I am not sure how to incorporate
step 3 in my simulation.