[Question #294113]: shear flow in periodic cell

hi, everyone.

I have a similar question as proposed in "https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/177419";.

As we known, the simple shear is applied though imposing velGrad(x,y), and the lateral periodic boundary would rotate if velGrad(x,y) != 0. Thus,in my opinion, the periodic boundary plays a same role, to some extent, as a plate. There would be a maximum shear strain, which occurs when the lateral boundary becomes horizontal. So, what's the role of periodic cell?

Is there any approach to apply larger shear deformation? Is there any similar means,  as Lees and Edwards' condition, in which the periodic cell keeps stationary?

Thanks for help.
Sincerely.