Re: [Question #294113]: shear flow in periodic cell

> All  i want to do is shear a sample without ceasing. I found that there
> would an error when the cell size in any one direction is smaller than 1
> times (or 2 times, i forgot) as the radius of sphere.  So, i mentioned
> the extreme condition that the lateral boundary becomes horizontal,
> which approximately indicates the maximum shear strain.

to use bodies larger than half of the period, see [1]

> Here, i have a gif that shows the solution of periodic shear obtained by
> others. http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img921/2930/w7fm25.gif
> Is any possible that we get a similar result using yade.

As Bruno mentioned, it is just visualization trick. In Yade, the particles
are displayed in skewed periodic cell [2]. But in postprocessing stage, you
can shift some particles by the k*period to make them look like being
inside a cube (like your image).

cheers
Jan

[1]