[Question #294792]: Stable and Dense Packing using TriaxialStressController

Hello everyone,

I am trying to generate a packing of agglomerates which should be both dense and stable. I am using the procedure described here: https://github.com/yade/trunk/tree/master/examples/agglomerate

The packing generated using TriaxialStressController in compress.py is not stable in the presence of gravity. In other words, when I load this packing in simulation.py and run the simulation only with gravitational forces, the particles move quite a bit. Is there a way to make this packing also stable in the presence of gravity ?

I am trying to follow the solution proposed by Bruno here, but not quite sure how it works: https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/263739
In this case, should I just run it first for few iterations with gravity and no triax.goal and then set the triax.goal as suggested.

Also, in the compress.py, is it not necessary to get unbalancedForce() below some threshold value ? I tried to put a threshold, but with the given parameters of triax.goal = -1e-5, the unbalancedForce() does not come down. However, if I use, triax.goal = -10000, then it comes down below 0.01 within few iterations.

Thanks
Varun