[Question #295035]: Use of i.phys.unp to get null forces initially

Hello all,

Based on the discussion here: https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/257058

I am using:
for i in O.interactions:
  i.phys.unp = i.geom.penetrationDepth

to nullify the initial contact forces and running it for one iteration. This is done so that the cohesive bonds between the particles do not break because of the initial geometrical overlaps.

1.) What exactly is unp - Is there any reference that I can look into.

2.) Also, I don't quite understand if there is any impact of above in subsequent iterations ? Does it lead to any inaccuracies ?

Thanks
Varun