Re: [Question #295158]: Can we create a rigid body using only particles, rather than importing a gts surface.

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
As said in the US: yes, we can.

You can play with the dynamic attribute [1] of spherical particles so
that they won't move, and assemble them in the shape of your rigid body
(that will not move in addition to be rigid)

Also, you can use clumps that are rigid particles made of distinct
particles. The clumps as a whole can move. Search for "clumps" in the
documentation (see [2] for a very first example) and the examples.

In case I did not really answer your question, please try to be more
specific.

Jerome

[1]: https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.Body.dynamic
[2]: https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html?highlight=clump#yade.wrapper.BodyContainer.addToClump