Re: [Question #295301]: calculate external work in Uniaxial Strainer

Yor1 posted a new comment:
Hi Jan,

I calculate the displacement and the external work with these lines:

if(asymmetry==0){ dAX*=.5;displacement=2*max(negIds.size(),posIds.size())*dAX;}
externalWork += displacement*(sumPosForces+sumNegForces)/2;

The eslastic energy and the external work are equal in the pre-pic stage and that is reasonable for me.
Now i have to modify the calculation of the damping energy. In fact with NewtonIntegrator, the damped energy is calculated in all the particles. But in my case, i have to calculate the damping energy in the particles that don't belong to posIds and negIds.

Best regards
Jabrane