[Question #295745]: Do bending or twisting moment contribute to cohesive bond breakage ?

I am using Law2_ScGeom6D_CohFrictPhys_CohesionMoment with momentRotationLaw=True; also the default behavior: fragile=True.

For the breakage of the cohesive bond, from what I see in CohesiveFrictionalContactLaw.cpp, there are two conditions:

(i)   (-Fn) > (phys->normalAdhesion)

(ii) (Fs) > (phys->shearAdhesion  +  Fn*phys->tangensOfFrictionAngle)

The above equations can simply be interpreted as that when the "Force" (LHS) > "Strength" (RHS), the bond breaks.

My question is: Do the bending and twisting moment not contribute to the "Force" (LHS) or in other words to the breakage of cohesive bond ? I am thinking on the lines of Eq 16 of "A bonded-particle model for rock"
 D.O. Potyondya, P.A. Cundall http://mech.spbstu.ru/images/b/bd/Potyondy_Cundall_2004_A_bonded-particle_model_for_rock.pdf

Also, something which is not very clear to me in implementation on line 144 of CohesiveFrictionalContactLaw.cpp
maxFs += Fn*phys->tangensOfFrictionAngle;
when the contact is in tension, i.e. Fn < 0 , does the equation above actually reduce the value of maxFs ?

Thanks
Varun