Re: [Question #295810]: CPM contact parameters (stiffness & friction angle)

mohsen posted a new comment:
Hi Jan
1-
>In general CPM mat was not really designed for different materials (or at
>least not drastically different material), therefore many of assumptions
>(like arithmetic average of stiffness or friction angle) are written "just
>in case".

Thanks you! This helps so much.

2-
>I am not sure if I got this correctly;
Problem statement is not clear or the solution (i.e weighted E computation)?
What is your idea bout these sentences:
"
>It is the question for me also what is the meaning of for example arithmetic average?!

>I do not know does it have a physical meaning or it is just an engineering simplification since finding contact stiffness is a hard job?
"

3-
> Or do you get some wrong results with it?
I could not generate any experimental data to validate the 'harm average' approach, although it seems this approach is the best but not correct. Also the typical results with 'harm average' are true.