Re: [Question #298001]: Input Kn and Ks directly

Bernardo Albuquerque posted a new comment:
Jerome, I have tried the PyRunner solution. In a script that would run
at 300 steps per second (3300 bodies, 12000 interactions), the addition
of the for-loop at each iteration gives an outcome of 50~60 steps per
second.

As I can see in the documentation, FrictViscoPhys can be used the way I
need. Just have to set the damping in FrictViscoMat to 0 in order to
make it work like a FrictMat, correct?

P.s.: I always thought YADE's classical formulation is much more
intuitive than the one where you directly define "kn" and "ks". I also
did not know of this drawback. Is there any paper/thesis/publication
that discusses this advantage of YADE's formulation?