Re: [Question #313648]: randome dense packing in a cylinder with a wire on its axis-howto?

Jeff is still having a problem:
Hi Jan,
Thank you for your answer.

in fact I initially tried the difference between 2 cylinders you suggest
and I then moved to the revolution surface because I found that the inside
cylinder was fully filled as soon as its diameter  was close to the sphere
diameter.
 I thought that the revolution surface approach I posted will give me an
explicit control of the angular discretization. I found with a few
experiment that it was indeed playing a role on the performance of the
algorithm but I could never come close to the wire I need to model... so my
post.

I assume when you mention other aproach that you are suggesting gravity
filling with sphere factory ?  something else?

Thanks anyway
JF

Jean-François Leon
Galtenco