Re: [Question #314841]: Cannot figure out how to use 2D TriaxialStressController

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Hi,

I did not completely get your description (is the "mesh" the numerical
sample ?), but it could be you just broke your sample (which should
eventually happen in uniaxial tension..)

Also, a strain rate of 1e3 sounds very big (even though the exact
adequate value depends on many simulation parameters). I would advice
you check for the unbalanced force [1] value to check it's not too fast
ie you conform quasistatic conditions

As a few remarks that relate or not to your problem:

- defining "joint*" material parameters in JCFpmMat and Law2_ScGeom_JCFpmPhys_JointedCohesiveFrictionalPM.smoothJoint = True is useless if you do not have any "isOnJoint" interactions [2], which is probably your case
(Typically, you need to run a script like "identifBis.py" [3] to identify such interactions)

- your script is extremely far from being minimal (definition of "*Multiplier" in TriaxialStressController is here still useless ;-) ).
If you keep facing difficulties, I would recommend you try to impose uniaxial tension to a 2 sphere packing under two directly controlled plates first.
This would help you to check if the interactions (within the packing and with the boundaries) are correctly defined, first. Then you would move to the next step as the use of TriaxialStressController for your problem.

[1] https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.utils.html?highlight=unbalancedforce#yade._utils.unbalancedForce
[2] https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html?highlight=onjoint#yade.wrapper.JCFpmPhys.isOnJoint
[3] in examples/jointedCohesiveFrictionalPM/identifBis.py