Re: [Question #392660]: how can set shear viscous damping ratio betas in yade in linear elastic model?

xuelong14 gave more information on the question:
Thank you very much for your answer !
I really used the numerical damping in my model .
The reason why I want to use this contact law is that the contact law is very simple but it can reflect the most important feature ---friction--- of sand. In the meantime, I have made a lot of numerical tests about it and I have gain a lot of experience in specifying the parametres of it .
Yesterday, I checked my codes again and found a big bug in it and thus the problem I faced was solved.
Many thanks for your time !
However, in PFC, there really do exist beta_s in the linear elastic model and I am really not sure about whether the beta_s should be added or not. In my mind, the "collision" in the tangential direction is really the same as the collision in the normal direction. So why there shouldn't be a mechanism of dissipating energy when the sliding don't happen but the "collision" in the tangential direction takes place.

Long Xue