[Question #402592]: Plot Over Line with Paraview

I do a test of excavation and i obtain the stress distribution on the medium.
I want to trace a curve stress/abscissa of particles (X) on a line.
In the paraview's manual : http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/images/d/d5/ParaViewTutorial398.pdf  (page 34)
they give these instructions to obtain the curve with filter PlotOverLine :
1. Open the file disk out ref.ex2, load all variables, (see Exercise
2.4).
2. Add the Clip filter to disk out ref.ex2, Uncheck the Show Plane
checkbox in the properties panel, and click (like in
Exercise 2.8). This will make it easier to see and manipulate the line
we are plotting over.
3. Click on disk out ref.ex2 in the pipeline browser to make that the active
object.
4. From the menu bar, select Filters → Data Analysis → Plot Over Line
or apply the Plot Over Line filter using the quick launch (ctrl+space
Win/Linux, alt+space Mac).
5. Adjust the line so that it goes from the base of the disk straight up
to the top of the mesh using the 3D widget manipulators, the p key
shortcut, or the properties panel parameters.
6. Once you have your line satisfactorily located, click the button.

I follow these instructions but i don't obtain the curve.
I don't know if i present well the problem. If you want more informations, i'm glad to give them.

I tried also the filter PlotData. The problem is that it takes in account all the particles.

Best regards.
Jabrane.