Re: [Question #402952]: Using a gts surface as a shell and filling it using radius expansion method

the purpose of the new example was an illustration of crasching. For some
reference (also polyhdrons in Yade in general), see [4], [Elias2013] and
[Elias2014]
Polyhedra may be cunstructed either as random based on Voronoi tessalation
or you can directly prescribe positions of vertices (see utils.polyhedron
function [1,2]). So the CAD/STL import is possible, you have to make a step
between (extract vertices from the file and pass them to the polyhedron)
For the meaning of polyhedra_utils.polyhedra see [3].

I wonder whether  rugby like shape packed by sub-particles can be used as a
> new particle to perform another simulation in YADE??

Here I don't know at all what you mean :-) please try to formulate the
question such that imagining yourself knowing nothing about the problem you
could understand the meaning..
- you can have one polyhedron, which may crush during simulation (and its
pieces can crush again and so on) like illustrated with the new example
- for some other approaches see (and try to answer) Christian's comment or
see [5]

cheers
Jan

[1] https://github.com/yade/trunk/blob/master/examples/polyhedra/clump.py