Re: [Question #403385]: Micro and Macro relation in CPM pararmeters

mohsen posted a new comment:
@ Bruno

Thanks! I should investigate your suggestion. It looks great.

@ Jan
>please really provide a MWE :-) it would be much easier to determine the
>source of problem..

So according to #1 I mentioned the way i computed E and nu. But i think
i did not understand the meaning of MWE. Can you tell me what it is?

> So by changing this, you change the explicit micro-macro relationship,preserving the model consistency.
If micro-macro relationship changes, i think the model consistency would change too.

>1e-2 is relatively high, there might be already some inelastic processes
(with the MWE I could tell if yes or no)
NeverDamage is active! also I decreased it to 1e-3

>Next time plese be more specific what "great difference" is (10%? 1000%?)
Jan I did not consider Coordination number in the simulations. Hence the previous results can not be compared.

I want to conclude:
1- there is no rule that "micro and macro parameters should be the same".
2- macro parameters must be independent of geometry (However I am simulating a cylinder trying to keep CoordinationNumber, porosity and fabric constant and the macro parameters vary about 20%).
3- For calibration by selecting the appropriate contact law and setting the geometry constant:
3-1- The porosity should be the same as reality (first parameter suggested by Bruno @6)
3-2- The micro parameters should change in such a way that desired macro ones obtained (I do not have any idea about how to set coordination number and fabric isotropy). In the first try it is preferable to select micro parameters the same as macro.
3-3- It is better to validate the obtained results (micro parameters and the three suggested by Bruno) by changing the geometry; However the parameters should be kept constant.

Regards

Mohsen