[Question #403713]: Energy dissipation in DEM

Hello everyone,

I am new here for using Yade.
My simulation is to approximate the process that a cloud of metal powders which are settled down on a steel platform by gravity and then the powders is moved by a metallic rake from one side horizontally. That is the powder delivery process(or powder bed generation) in powder bed additive manufacturing.

What method of energy dissipation  in DEM. And is method different under the different contact laws.

By the way,for the different contact law, such as CundallStrack linear elastic law and non-linear elastic Hertz-Mindlin law, what kinds of material properties should I input respectively. Especially for considering the viscous damping in Hertz-Mindlin law.

Sorry for that I don't major in physics or some similar area.

Thanks for any tips and advice!