[Question #404228]: the normal force of CmpMat

  I want to study the CmpMat material. So I read the paper 'Cohesive Particle Model using the Discrete Element Method on the Yade Platform' which was written by Václav Šmilauer and described the CmpMat model. I also read the code in YADE about the CmpMat. But I still have some confusions about it as following.

[1]The paper said in page 38 that the normal stress-strain law is formulated within the framework of damage mechanics and gave Figure3.1 and Figure3.2 to illustrate its characteristics under tension. But from the figures, I do not know the condition that the interaction break down. That is, the equation σN = [1 - ωH(εN)]kNεN show that the σN will always have positive values when the interaction under tension(εN>0), and the interaction will not break no matter how I much tense it(ω<1 from Figure3.1). But a interaction should break under large tension, because when the two bodies become far away, there should be no force between them. Do I have some misunderstandings  about it?

[2]The paper said in page 165 that 'For commercial reasons, rate-dependence and compression-plasticity is not present in reduced version of the model, used when CPM_MATERIAL_MODEL is not defined.'. I know the compression-plasticity is 3.2.3.1 compressive plasticity in page 39. But the characteristics about rate-dependence are so many, what items does it include? Can you show me the specific section of the chapter 3?

Thank you.
Liu keqi