[Question #404654]: normalShearStressTensors

I have used utils.normalShearStressTensors to get average stress tensor.Here are my questions.
1, when I use it,two matrix  show up.So,which one is the correct stress tensor.
2,this program is from [Thornton2000]	Colin Thornton (2000), Numerical simulations of deviatoric shear deformation of granular media.  He use it to implement "servo-control algorithms".Can someone explain it in detail.
Thanks :)