Re: [Question #407567]: the global cannot work

Jan Stránský posted a new comment:
Hello,

I think the complete script is necessary in this case, since I have no
problem with the approach you described..

As a workaround / hack, you can use __builtin__ module, which should work
universally:

# called anywhere
import __builtin__
__builtin__.somevariable = 123 # be sure not to overwrite some important
name
# some code

cheers