Re: [Question #432848]: yade compiled installation in a redhat cluster

Klaus Thoeni proposed the following answer:
Hi,

we have yade running on our RH cluster. The installation/compilation is
not as straight forward as for debian/ubuntu. As Anton mentioned you
need to find the RPM-packages for all pre-required libraries [1]. The
important thing here is that you have to check if the minimal required
version is available with yum. Sometimes it will not be the case hence
you cannot install it with yum but you need to download the sources and
compile the package/library yourself. And yes, the make process is
exactly the same using cmake [2]. Again, make sure you have at least
cmake version 2.8.11 installed.

I cannot remember all steps but I strongly recommend you to only install
the packages you really need and compile yade with the corresponding
options. For example, I did not bother installing optional packages
(e.g., required for fluid coupling) and the graphical mode (e.g., use
cmake option -DENABLE_GUI=0). This should make things much easier.

HTH
Klaus

[1] https://yade-dem.org/doc/installation.html#prerequisites
[2] https://yade-dem.org/doc/installation.html#compilation