Re: [Question #432837]: how to get stress values with VTKExporter

Gary Pekmezi posted a new comment:
Jan Stránský

I tried using the method specified in the initial answer for exporting
spheres' stresses. I was able to assign the stress values to b.mystress
using the code, however I get the following error upon export :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./yade", line 182, in runScript
    execfile(script,globals())
  File "triaxial_tess_tract.py", line 64, in <module>
    vtkExporter.exportSpheres(what=[("stress","b.mystress")])
  File ".../yade201606/lib64/yade-2016-09-28.git-f355d84/py/yade/export.py", line 431, in exportSpheres
    test = eval(command) # ... eval one example to see what type (float, Vector3, Matrix3) the result is ...
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'Body' object has no attribute 'mystress'

I thought this question belonged here being a very recent thread, let me
know if I should start a new thread instead.

Thanks,
Gary