Re: [Question #446171]: Contact Smoothing

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Hi,

The JCF model (see [*] and related classes) has a "smoothJoint"
attribute that is useful (in rock mechanics, usually) to describe plane
to plane contacts instead of sphere to sphere.

But I have to say, my understanding of your question is way too limited
to guess if this is what you want....

In particular, how would some contact smoothing relate with 2D simulations ?....
For 2D simulations, you may basically just define all your particles centers to be in the same plane, and block appropriate degrees of freedom.
And you would end up simulating interacting 2D circles (with one circular particle = just one YADE body)...

[*] https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.Law2_ScGeom_JCFpmPhys_JointedCohesiveFrictionalPM