[Question #468704]: Inspecting the degree of uniformity in a triaxial sample:porosity&depth

Dear YADE users,
       Recently, I am using YADE to simulate the triaxial test. I am in trouble when I get the sample of the triaxial test. I don't know whether the degree of uniformity of the sample is good. So, I want to inspect the porosity in different sub-volumes and compare them.
       I scanned the related Q&A, https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/254625, and I have some questions about it.
       1)About the utils.voxelporosity, because the sample is made by compressing the walls, how could I set the sub-volume's start and end points?
       2)About the micro-stress method, as I understand it, the method can calculate per-sphere's porosity. Then, how could I gain the per-sphere's ID so that the porosity of a specific sub-volume could be calculated. In fact, I just know little about this method. Any examples could be provided? I will be very thankful about it.
Sin,
hjz