[Question #556997]: How to compute average contact radius

I want to get avgrage contact radius to my next simulation.I have write C++ file of phy to get contactradius for each contact.And I have achieved it via python.Here is my script:
id1=[]
id2=[]
for i in O.interactions:
                          id1.append(i.id1)
                          id2.append(i.id2)
for k in rang (0,len(id1)):
                          Acontactradius=O.interactions[id1[k],id2[k]].phys.contactradius+Acontactradius
Acontactradius=Acontactradius/(len(id1)

But this script costs a lot of cpu to compute.It make my computer breakdown.So what if I write c++ file to get average contactradius,will it cost litter cpu?
And how can I get it by C++ file?(Ps: I have modified '_utils file'.But it don't work)