Re: [Question #626656]: gravity deposition computation time

guilhem posted a new comment:
Hi,

After a lot of experiments, i realize my problem is not YADE dependant.

To resume, it consist in a gravitationnal computation to obtain a dense
pack and after a deplacement of the wall to feed a cavity.

The problem is the  gravitationnal part wich is too long (10-8 of dt).  Indeed, i work with a real material data on very small particules (010-70ym). I have try to accelerate things:
-use non real material parameter for the gravitationnal deposition, save the particules and then load particles for the process part. But in this case, particle  overlapping with material change make a nice explosion.
-try to play with young modulus, but it conduce to non real behavior.
-supposing that 1mm=1m, wich work, but i ama not sure that behavior is correct

So, is it possible  in yade to use non-smooth contacts?

Thanks a lot for your help