[Question #638137]: Adding a new contact Law

Hello All,
 I am completely new in using YADE (very limited preliminary knowledge) but as a part of my research Ph.D. thesis, I have to implement a new contact law between particles.   Before getting my hands dirty, I have to make sure if I will be able to do this in a short period of time (less than 3 weeks). The contact law I need to implement is a rolling resistance model for nonconvex, nonsmooth contact proposed by Jiang et al. (Two-Dimensional Discrete Element Theory for Rough Particles,2009). The authors, originally have implemented their model in a code called revised 2D DEM and obtained satisfactory results. I am going to repeat the same scenario using YADE.  I need your help guiding me what to do:

1- I am new in both C++ and Python and don't know a lot about YADE. What are the steps for adding a code? Do  I need to start C++ and Python from the beginning ? I know that I have to read Programmer's Manual Too.
2- I have installed YADE itself but I think I need Yade/Trunk for modifying the source code. If yes, I don't know how to install and compile YADE/TRUNK. I read something about that but am not sure how to install it  (when I go to code repository  at Git Hub, I don't know what to download and how to install and compile Yade/Trunk then)

All your help will be highly appreciated