Re: [Question #642955]: installation on mac

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
Hello,

>Is there a way to install YADE on mac directly.

As of right now, there is no out-of-the-box solution for mac or windows
installation. Maybe you could compile the TPLs from sources...sounds
like too much work.

>I've tried parallel desktop, however, it wasn't working.

Does that mean you tried to virtualize Ubuntu? If so, why did it not
work? What software are you using for virtualization? What Linux distro
are you installing on it? I ask because your best bet is to virtualize
Ubuntu and install Yade there.

I recommend using Parallels or VMware for the virtualization environment.
If you use Parallels, they have a very well polished Ubuntu 14.04 LTS installation that does not require any additional driver installation. It is as easy as installing parallels, clicking Ubuntu 14.04 LTS when prompted for OS installation, then sudo apt-get install yade in the terminal. You should be able to quickly evaluate Yade this way.

Cheers,

Robert