Re: [Question #643666]: plot.plot giving QObject::connect: cannot connect (apt-get installed yade)

Andrea Puglisi is still having a problem:
"Line by line" was just to specify that I ensured to have the correct
indentation. I had not realized that I do not need to copypaste from the
website, since the file is in /usr/share/doc/yade/examples. If I launch
with just

> yade simple-scene-plot.py

I get:

Welcome to Yade 2016.06a
TCP python prompt on localhost:9001, auth cookie `ecdays'
XMLRPC info provider on http://localhost:21001
Running script simple-scene-plot.py
Now calling plot.plot() to show the figures. The timestep is artificially
low so that you can watch graphs being updated live.
QObject::connect: Cannot connect NavigationToolbar2QT::message(QString) to
(null)::_show_message()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yade", line 182, in runScript
    execfile(script,globals())
  File "simple-scene-plot.py", line 46, in <module>
    plot.plot(subPlots=False)
  File "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/yade/py/yade/plot.py", line 592, in plot
    createPlots(subPlots=subPlots)
  File "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/yade/py/yade/plot.py", line 380, in
createPlots
    if not subPlots: pylab.figure()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/matplotlib/pyplot.py", line 527,
in figure
    **kwargs)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_qt5agg.py",
line 43, in new_figure_manager
    return new_figure_manager_given_figure(num, thisFig)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_qt5agg.py",
line 51, in new_figure_manager_given_figure
    return FigureManagerQT(canvas, num)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_qt5.py", line
465, in __init__
    self.toolbar.message.connect(self._show_message)
TypeError: connect() failed between NavigationToolbar2QT.message[str] and
_show_message()
[[ ^L clears screen, ^U kills line. F12 controller, F11 3d view (use h-key
for showing help), F10 both, F9 generator, F8 plot. ]]