[Question #645989]: Periodic boundaries: switching planes of symmetry

Hello, I am currently working on a tunneling problem and I would like to reduce my domain by using periodic boundary conditions.  I would like to know if, in the current version of the periodic engine, it is possible to use a trick to change the planes of periodicity. I exemplify what I'm trying to achieve in the following drawing:

Current formulation: particles are replicated on the opposite plane, i.e. a particle crossing the left boundary *** is replicated on the right boundary ***.
*++++++++*
* o  O oOo  *
*   OoO o    *
*   o  O  o    *

Desired formulation: particles are replicated on the adjacent (perpendicular) plane, i.e.  a particle crossing the left boundary +++ is replicated on the bottom boundary +++.
+ o  O oOo  *
+   OoO o    *
+  o  O  o     *

Thank you in advance for your time!