Re: [Question #647543]: Implementing a new contact model

Nima Goudarzi is still having a problem:
Hi Jan,

Thanks so very much for the reply. I think I should proceed gradually.
As the first step, I am trying to  write a new Material (let's say the
name is JiangMat) to include the parameters I explained in my previous
email. I will use FrictMat would be a good base class for this new
material. Some of this parameters incorporate on calculations of
stiffness coefficients and some will contribute to calculate contact and
damping responses. Once I calculated the stiffness coefficients, I will
pass them to my Iphys.

This is my specific question as the first step
1- can I write a new material (entitled JiangMat) with the base class FrictMat and include all explained parameters in it? In HM, they have used FrictMat directly since they only needed E, Friction Angle and Poisson Ratio for calculating coefficients of stiffness.

If possible would you please take a quick look at the paper (page 153
includes the summary of the model) for helping me if I can introduce all
parameters in JiangMat. I have explained about all the parameters in the
previous email.

Thanks so much for your patience and support

Nima

Sent from my iPhone