Re: [Question #650016]: What is the best way to create a cuboidal box of particles?

Thanks, the complete code made it clear :-) the problem here is number of particles. assuming diameter=7e-3, i.e. in line it would be approx. 150 particles per unit. In your box of size 4x2x2 there would be (4*150)*(2*150)*(2*150)=54e6 particles.
On my 4GB RAM computer, already 1e6 particles occupies significant amount of memory, your example made my computer freeze completely :-)

radius=3.5e-2 works perfectly in my case

back to your original question, pack.inAlignedBox is a special case of
pack.inParallelepiped, so the approaches are pretty equivalent. For a
box, I would prefer pack.inAlignedBox as the meaning is clearer and the
parameters are more readable in case of box

cheers