Re: [Question #652968]: Implementing Local Damping

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
Dear Nima, I think it is very sensible to avoid viscous damping for quasi-static problems, and I have good news for you:
1/ Cundall's damping is unrelated to the contact model, it appears only via the time integration scheme and it is already implemented.
2/ using the current HM with cn=cs=0 should not be a problem

All in all, you have nothing to implement except those little differences between current HM and the HM you have in mind.
You can do that directly by modifying HM law. If you can make it cleanly (backward compatible, ideally adding features without removing any, documented, examplified) we could consider including your changes in the main branch.
Regards
Bruno