Re: [Question #656214]: problem replacing TriaxialStressController with PeriTriaxController

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
Hello Jesse,

Ok, I have run your simulation and I see the clumps. Your box is much
larger than the cloud, so there is nothing to compress. Maybe you can
more clearly state your objective. Based on your question, I see you are
compressing this packing of clumps with TSC and now you want to convert
it to a periodic packing with PTC? If you want to import and export
stressed states you need to use save and load [1]. Still, I am pretty
sure your packing needs to be created with the periodic=True flag if you
want to use a periodic simulation...in which case I do not think you can
simply use PTC on a packing that was compressed with TSC.

Or maybe you are asking how to use PeriTriaxController with a cloud of
clumps? In that case, make your cloud of clumps inside your simulation
instead of importing them. Use the makeclumpcloud function[2] and the
flag: periodic=True.

Cheers,

Robert

[1]https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.Omega.load